Friday, June 6, 2008

P-p-p-pumpkins! ~ Marcella Perodo

Yes I know it's no summer fare. But here - in Italy, the Land of the Sun, where skies are always blue and all that stuff - it's been raining for ages and it's not even feeling like springtime. So it's easy to be inspired by some cooler-weather recipe.


Last year I had been trying to make some hollowed-out pumpkins just like these, but had a hell of a time with a method that turned out wrong - basically, I had modelled the pumpkin around a tin foil ball; after cooking they had seemed to vow each other eternal love and I had had a very hard time trying to separate them. This year, ta-dah! I bought myself a mini-drill and I happily enjoyed hollowing out my pumpkins large and small:


They are on stock for the upcoming Simp in Paris...

1 comment:

Sumaiya Mehreen said...

The soup looks delicious! I hope you have a wonderful time in Paris...and can't wait to see the photos!
Love,
Sumaiya.