Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Korean Delicacies ~ Kiva Atkinson


A porcelain plate of Korean lightly fried dumplings, or Mandu, which are very much like the Chinese potstickers and the Japanese gyoza. It comes with a porcelain bowl of dipping sauce and chopsticks.


A black pot of spicy Korean pork bone soup and two bowls full! This handcrafted, one of a kind, 1:12 scale miniature set is perfect for your dining room table or restaurant scene. You have to slurp out the marrow from the bones too--the best part!

Korean Kalbi: seasoned short rib strips on a porcelain platter.

For more wonderful minis by Kiva Atkinson, visit:
artist's website: http://www.kivasminiatures.com
eBay site: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjklr4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I've never seen anyone do Korean food before.

Unknown said...

Thank you! Alas, there aren't many collectors of Korean food. Japanese and Chinese, yes....Korean? No! I like to make things that aren't very common, but unless someone is already familiar with it, they don't know what to do with it :-p. It's something I love to eat, so I make it anyway, lol!! I enjoy challenging myself. Thank you for the compliment ;).